Wednesday 25 July 2012

Climb your summit.

Climb Your Summit.

x

Don't give in until you reach the very top.
x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Learning.
x

I am seeking out and experimenting with new genre of poetry ; I have so much that I want to learn about these different styles.
x

This is my time of moving onto pastures new and maybe many others will join me.
x

I hope you do because I am having so much fun as well as boosting my poetic knowledge.
x

This is not my first time of composing Rictameter poetry however I simply wanted to share a tiny bit of information on its origins.
x

A Rictameter is composed of a nine line syllabic structure.
x

For anyone who is not familiar with this structure this is how it's formed:-

Syllable order for each line:-

2

4

6

8

10

8

6

4

2

x

With the very first and last lines containing the same words.
x

This genre was created in the 1900s by two cousins, Richard W. Lunsford,Jr., and Jason D. Wilkins.
x

They were always contesting their poetry weekly in an order which they invented themselves. 'The Brotherhood Of The Armantos Mystery.' This is said to have been inspired by the film 'Dead Poet's Society.'
x

It wasn't until 2000 that the first Rictameter genre composed by Jason Wilkins was made public on the website www.shadowpoetry.com.
x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


x




x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To Learn (Rictameter)
x



To learn



Allow yourself



Your eager heart awaits



Do arise from your comfort zone



Believe you can and you are half way there



Your inner spirit leads the way



Self-belief magnifies



Focus your mind



To learn.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx




A Monorhyme.


x

A Monorhyme is a poem in which all lines have the same end rhyme.

It is a genre that is commonly used by Arabic, Latin and Welsh works.

It is also used in the third verse of American Rapper Jay-Zs song 'Already Home.'

This is my first effort so as always constructive criticism also gratefully accepted.

x


Come With Me???

x


My pink Cadillac I so carefully park!

Do you hear the beautiful song of a lark?

Visit my Nature Reserve called Eddy's Park;

The community so caringly did earmark ;

You may even see that trail of an Aardvark!

Shall we visit the great Noah in his ark?

Oh no it's become so eerie and dark!

Can you hear a lonesome dog bark?

Its call so piercing and utterly stark!

On my long journey home I embark

A call in my ears "Wake up Mark!!”

x





x








x

I am enjoying learning all about these new poem genres and composing my own the one quote that sticks in my mind is:-
x
'If at first you don't succeed try and try again!!'
x

Whichever genre I am working on poems are music to my heart; I truly love learning and composing as well as reading and enjoying the wonderful and gifted poetry of so so many of my true friends!!

































No comments:

Post a Comment