Saturday 6 October 2012

Songs From The Heart :Puppy Love.





Myself and Lassie.




My choice for Song IV is not a traditional hymn but a song which brings back so many memories from my childhood.
No many of you are wrong to assume that this song brought back memories of my first love ha!Not in the traditional style anyway!!
So many of you know all about my very best childhood friend;my Beagle Lassie.
I will always remember her first litter of pups when would have been born when I was eleven.
Oh how I loved them all;nearly as much as their mother did.
Oh what a wonderful mother my Lassie was;a little strict at times but so loving and protective.
There were originally eight pups but sadly two died ; from the remainder there was a comical pup all brown and white I named him Clown ;
Another dog pup with exactly the same markings as his Mum I named him Laddie;
Then a delicate little gem again with the exact markings of her mum but she was so small and I named her Bella .
I knew they were going to be sold one day but this did not prepare me for the heartache.
One day after school I was warned not to let Lassie out then a man turned up and I saw him handing a wad of notes over to my father;in the next instant he opened the boot of his car and so roughly put each pup in.
I shouted at him to stop but no-one took any notice of a silly little girl.
He drove off and how I kept those tears in I'll never know;in the next moment Lassie was allowed out and she ran all round the house and garden frantically whining and crying as she looked for her babies.
Oh how I felt for my Lassie !!!
After a while I went into the house and what song do you think was playing on the radio??Yes you've got it;
PUPPY LOVE by Donny Osmond!!
"You'll be back in my arms once again.
Someone help me help me please!!!
Is the answer up above
How can I tell them ??
This is not a puppy love !!!"


Again the tears threatened but would not fall !!!
The words so meant for that very first love but to this eleven year old girl they emphasised the love she'd felt for those puppies and her Lassie.
For days after school we would both take a walk to the fields above my home or to the commins where we spent so much time. We sat under the trees and I cuddled her close to me, being so strong for my best friend ;my soul mate;my Lassie.
We also spent a lot of time in the Wishing Well just on the riverside and on the beach.
A kind neighbour Mr. Jackson took the photo of myself and Lassie;I am holding a silver cup which I won throughout the County for writing a story titled 'Kindness To Animals'.The story was entered by my school teachers and won a first prize ;there was also a certificate.
What are my thoughts on it all today???
As a little girl Lassie showed the qualities of a true mother so I learnt from her as well as telling her all my troubles and tales.
Today as I remember those days I feel a warmth seep through me ;we had so much fun together walking through woods;running on the beach; exporing around the riverside and wandering over the fields looking down onto the sea-side town.
I also remember us both going into Mr. Parry's sweet shop for an ice-cream and every single time he would give Lassie an ice cream also free of charge.
We would then cross the road to the park to sit down to enjoy our ice creams.
Obviously there are sad memories but the good ones have overpowered today without a doubt;it's the good ones that come to my mind first and from now on they always will.







x







http://youtu.be/s8NGYBrdRvU







x








A Statue of a Welsh Cob in Aberaeron my home town.










x










 



 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
The Harbour in Aberaeron.











x






 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Acrostic: Lassie.

Loving your children as every mother should
A sweet heart and I loved her so
Softly crying for her children
So devoted to each other.
I cuddled her to me
Every pain we shared.







x







Aberaeron Church situated behind the pastel painted houses.
 



 

 
 
 

x

 
 

 

Freeverse: My Friend My All.

Over fields we ran
through wondrous
gorse
prickles not felt
a love so shared.
Through the Commins lanes leading to a child's paradise.
birds singing,grasshoppers jumping
goats
horses
and
sheep
in the meadow
we ran with them all.
Through the river
splashing and laughing;
lovers bridge
so wondrous so beautiful.
The beach
stony not sandy
but with not a care
we splashed through salt filled
waves;
Lassie's tail
wagging frantically
faster
faster
faster.
Down from the hills
fields so green
rolling and flowing
we sat down
happily overlooking all.
People so like ants
darting to and fro
a sense almost surreal
a world of our own.
Our hearts filled with
wonder
beauty
and
love.
We shared each tale
secrets uncovered.
My
heart will always be full
of a wondrous
heartfelt
kinship
with not just a dog
but my friend
my soul mate
my all.






x







Lovers Bridge over the Aeron River.







x




 


 

 

 

 

 
 
 

 

Haiku:Happy Memories.

Tinged with a sadness
But also with happiness
Heartfelt memories.





x

 
 
 
 
The Commins where myself and Lassie spent so many wonderful days
 
 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
x

 
 

 

 

Rhyming Poetry:Happy Days!!

Puppy Love is so
Full of emotions
As blue as the sea
As great as the oceans.
x
Memories flood
Into my dear heart
Memories full of love
Right from the start.
x
My guilty pleasure
Today is this song.
Memories of Lassie
Will never be gone.
x
As we go through life
Remember the days
That fill you with warmth
Like sunshine rays.
x
Puppy Love's is now
Happy in my heart.
There were good days
Right from the start.
x
With these happy memories
Live your life from now on.
The bitterness and sadness
Now cast away and gone.






x



 

 

Aberaeron Harbour shilouetted by romantic beams.
 








No comments:

Post a Comment