Tuesday 3 July 2012

The Gift and Sunshine Ray and I.

A few months ago out of the blue I felt the need to research Native Americans and for some reason I was drawn towards the Cherokees.I read and hungrily devoured all the information I could find.
As I continued to read a feeling of belonging washed over me ;I felt at one with their beliefs and their great faith in Earth Mother.
From deep within I found the words and emotions to create my first EBook Sunshine Ray and I https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/174254



I am already into the second chapter of the next EBook in this series.
Last weekend I received a beautiful gift from a wonderful friend Sunnie Day. We became very close friends through our writing ; she is a wonderful writer and poet and some of her work can be found here https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/sunnieday

She is also a recently retired school nurse and if there was ever a person so suited to this job then Sunnie is most definitely that person.She has such a warm heart as big as houses and I am so proud to call her my friend.This gift was of her own creation; a beautiful model of a Native American headdress.
Today it sits right in front of me here as I write each day ; I know that my inspiration from now on will be stronger and richer than ever.



The following information I have shared from http://www.indians.org/articles/native-american-headdress.html
When many of us picture Native Americans, we see a stately chief, standing tall wearing a large feathered headdress. The headdress is a very important part of Native American culture. Typically made of beautiful bird feathers, it is more symbolic than anything else. The Sioux were thought to be one of the first Native American tribes to use these head pieces. Not everyone among the tribe could wear one, however. The Native American headdress was reserved for the most powerful and influential among the tribe.
Perhaps there is meaning then as to why we usually picture the chief wearing one. It is a little known fact that Native American headdresses were not made completely in one sitting. In fact, each time the chief, warrior, or other important tribe member committed a brave act, a feather was added. Therefore, the more feathers in the headdress, the braver and sometimes much more ominous the wearer was. In certain tribes, the brave act itself was not enough. The warrior would have to provide himself by fasting for several days and meditating the entire time to show his steadfastness. This fact alone makes the significance of the Native American headdress very important.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



MY GIFT.

A gift so wonderful
a gift so rare.
My creations now richer
full of love and care.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Great vibes are now flowing
as I feel each word.
My heart happily singing
as free as a bird.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My connection so close
and heartfelt too.
I know this so clearly
almost déjà vu.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


I posses a new strength
no boundaries hold.
I feel my deep spirit
telling stories untold.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


My heart now so clear
my spirit now free.
I share my new found love
yes for you and me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This gift I will cherish
forever Sunnie Day.
I am now so free
to become Sunshine Ray.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx








No comments:

Post a Comment