Wednesday 22 August 2012

Today.

















-xx-





I don't look at the rain
but
 at the sunshine behind.
I don't look at the mist
but
at  images peeping through.

-xx-

I don't notice the weeds
but
love the flowers they hide
I don't look at the rocks
but
savour the moss around.

-xx-

I don't care about winds
but
love how the trees dance.
I don't kick fallen leaves
but
enjoy  the collages they make.

-xx-

I don't dwell on each  tear
but
love each smiles that follows.
I don't like arguments
but
love the making up after.
-xx-

I don't get scared at night
but
love  bewitching  sounds.
I don't get frightened of storms
but
love the tranquility that follows.

-xx-


I don't acknowledge cruelty
but
 scorn at  such weakness.
I don't like any wars
but
I am powerless to end.

-xx-
Today I still walk my journey
Today I have learnt to abide
Today my voice so sure
Today my faith in these words:-



 THE SERENITY PRAYER.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment