Saturday 27 July 2013

A Night Of No Sleep !!!

There is nothing longer than a night when sleep is not going to happen!! For no apparent reason this is what last night was about!!
I was yawning with tiredness but just couldn't settle.
I tried this and that but to no avail ; each minute felt like an hour !!
What did I do next ??!!


I tossed and turned
All in vain
My mind so active
So awake my brain.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I made a sweet cuppa
And again tried to sleep
I even tried to count
So very many sheep.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I then tried to blank
All thoughts from my head
But it still didn't work
Pointless staying in bed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hear you asking
"What next did you do??"
Well that's simple
I wrote this poem for you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment